The key to a successful supply chain is not only planning how to distribute your product, but how to bring back both customer returns and obsolete products. Managing returns effectively lets you recapture value, reduce write-offs and keep your customers happy.
- De-installation of finished goods at the customer's site
- Returns management, receiving, sorting, verifying and managing returned products
- Express delivery, exchange of "dead on arrival" products
- Maximising the value of used units through full kitting process
- Visibility of returns data enabling trend analysis and proactive decision making.